Why is — Global Learning Important?
Select Travel Study is proud to be a commitment partner of the Institute of International Education's Generation Study Abroad initiative to help more Americans to gain international experience through study abroad programs. Globalization is changing the way the world works and employers are increasingly looking for workers who have international skills and experience, so an International experience is one of the most important component of a 21st century education.
We value academic integrity in Study Abroad and work closely with Office of Study Abroad and Centers for Global Engagement to ensure best practices.
• We are dedicated to providing resources and support to educators to help expand global learning for all students by facilitating faculty-led curriculum based programs.
• We are committed to promoting easier access to meaningful academic study abroad opportunities, and to a more diverse range of candidates.
• We support the mission of Institutes of Higher Education to educate globally literate students, who are ready to enter the competitive workforce.
• We believe this will not be accomplished by trivializing study abroad, but rather by celebrating it and by ensuring academic integrity, the acquisition of intercultural competence and professional skills for the global marketplace are a key part of the international learning experience.
• We are members of all the major international education organizations.
Giving your students the opportunity to experience an international education creates far-reaching benefits for both personal and career-development. The key findings of the IES Abroad 2012 survey showed:
• Nearly 90% of study abroad alumni secured a job within the first six months after graduation
• 90% felt that studying abroad helped them develop valuable job skills such as foreign language knowledge, cultural training, tolerance for ambiguity, adaptability, communication, and more.
• 84% were admitted into their first or second choice graduate or professional school.
• 50% felt the overseas experience helped them acquire their first jobs.
“Our faculty has designed various courses that Select has successfully facilitated for us”
Director of Global Initiative
Cedar Crest College, PA
Who We Are
What We Do
How We Do It
Meet Our Team
Nursing & Healthcare
YOUR ACTION PLAN
1. Request a Proposal
2. Review & Approve
3. Enroll Students
4. While in Europe
5. Returning Home
• Select Travel Study is a division of Select Travel Service
© 2016 Select Travel. All Right Reserved